Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thoughts and Opinions

Well I have a hard time updating this blog for some reason... I know not too many people read it so I guess its not a big deal but sometimes I have alot of things to say and its nice to get it all out. So here are a few things that I would like to say. Also not everything is about music. So expect other stuff from now on too....

Music: The new Red Jumpsuit Apparatus CD.... SUCKS!!! Its by far the worst thing I have heard in awhile. Its so bland and generic. They lost the charm of the first album... I am way disapointed by it. On the upside... the new Franz Ferdinand CD is awesome! Great catchy songs with bass grooves that are a blast to listen too.

Movies: I just saw Hancock for the first time a few days ago and I loved it! So many people were disapointed with it and I didnt see why. Oh and Gran Torino was a great movie! Clint Eastwood makes another materpiece.King of California was a interesting movie. Its an Indie comedy that stars Kirk Douglas. Its about finding buried treasure underneath a Costco. It was a great concept for a movie.

Gaming: I will try and keep the anger to a minimum here. Lately I have been seeing all these articles popping up from places like CNBC, Yahoo and CNET that state the PS3 is in trouble and will sink this coming year. I am so sick and tired of all the bashing on the PS3!!! Lay the F**K OFF!!! The PS3 is doing just fine! Yes the price is still a bit steep but its a solid gaming system and offers more than anyone else on the market. And where are the games?! Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, Resistance, and all the other multiplatform ghames like Call of Duty, Farcry, Fallout, Grand Theft Auto, Prince of Persia and Mirros Edge. Oh and February 27th brings the game that will bring Xbox 360 owners to their knees... Killzone 2! Have you not seen this game? This game has graphics and physics unseen on a console! Early reviews coming in are stating that this games is just gorgeous and gameplay to match the graphics! Dont take my word then check out www.metacritic.com and look up Killzone 2 and see for yourself! The Playstation 3 is no where near trouble.... with games on the horizon like God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 5, and Heavy Rain. Its just the begining of the PS3's life and you can bet that 2009 and 2010 the PS3 will come out swinging!

On another note, I just recently purchased a XBOX 360. Its a good system but better than the PS3? Yeah I just dont see it yet. Dont get me wrong... Gears of War is awesome and I have yet to play Mass Effect which wil;l be my next purchase for the 360. But XBOX Live is just as good as Playstation Network. In fact I love the Playstation Store better then the XBL store. The only thing that the 360 has is Netflix. The ability to stream stuff directly to the TV is pretty cool. The only complaint is the HD quality is terrible. And the selection is not the best.

Last thing... My favorite games over the past month or so... Call of Duty World at War!!! This game is a blast! Everything from the multiplayer Team Deathmatch to Nazi Zombie mode! Not to mention alot of my coworkers now have PS3's so I still have people to play with sometimes. If you have not played Nazi Zombie mode then get to it! Its a rush to play with 3 friends and see how long you can survive! I have only made it to level 14... But a friend of mine has made it to level 21. The other game that is a must play for PS3 owners is Valkyria Chronicles. A mix between RPG and RTS. And an epic story with unforgetable chartecters. Check it out.

If you want to add me as a friend on PSN or XBL here are my gamer tags:

PSN: anberlin44
XBL: anberlin44

Yeah its the same for both.... and yes I love Anberlin!

No comments: