Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Feel Good Drag

I have heard alot of people lately just trashing Anberlin for the re-recorded version of the Feel Good Drag. Well I have come to the defenses of Anberlin. So the biggest complaint I hear is the lack of screaming in the song. Let me ask you a question... Have you heard the song The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars on the radio? HOLY CRAP!! They took out the screaming part!!! Have you heard the song Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? They took out the screaming part! Anberlin wanted to take a song that they felt was one of their favorites that they wrote and wanted it to be on the radio UNEDITED!! So what did they do? They re-recorded the song so it could be acessable to everyone. Yeah I like the original version better too just like everyone else but I dont feel its my place to complain about the new version of the song. All Anberlin is trying to do is to get their fans behind them and try to be a band that appeals to more people. Oh and they wanted the radio version to include these lyrics... Failure is your disease/ You want my outline drawn/ You are my greatest failure/ Discourse your saving song. Yeah I wouldnt want those lyrics edited either. Better to sing them for the radio then not have them all together.

No comments: